Friday, June 23, 2017

Meet me in Montana

On Saturday we are officially welcoming a new member into our family, even though she has been around long enough for me to have already declared to her face "you know that you are one of us now"
Our son Randy and his fiancee Dawn in their engagement picture
Dawn and Randy's Engagement Picture
Our son Randy and his fiancee Dawn are walking down the aisle, tying the knot, getting hitched, jumping the broom you know getting married, and we are going to be there, this is where it gets fun.

But first a little observation, I smile when I think of the day Cindy and I married, Randy was nine years old at the time and actually walked his Mom down the aisle, he was the one who gave the bride away that day, I wrote Bend your knees which describes our ceremony if you would like to get a smile also.

Back to Randy, he was really scared that day, but he stepped up to be the man who gave Cindy away, I just hope that I don't have to step up and walk him down the aisle so he can be the man at his own wedding, I have no fears because Randy loves Dawn and they are going to do well together, and I am proud that we get to be there for them.

Now Cindy and I have to get through airport security without any hiccups and get to Montana hopefully without our baggage being pillaged, for those of you who are wondering, yes Cindy has cleaned out her purse so that shouldn't be an issue.

This will be the first time for me to fly since my defibrillator/pacemaker was installed and hopefully I can get through with just a pat down, I have a card that basically says I shouldn't be run through the scanner, given the wand treatment, or exposed to any magnetic fields for any length of time to prevent the settings of my device from being compromised.

I have a feeling everything will be just fine, but if I end up running into a situation where getting my settings changed comes into play.....

Our Daughter Melissa and her fiance Mike will stay with Cindy's Dad while we are gone, so we are not abandoning him, we are leaving Friday morning and will be back Monday, this weekend I am completely unplugging (maybe not completely) and won't be answering any comments or visiting any of your blogs, I will start catching up after we return on Monday.

Everyone have a wonderful weekend and if you get too bored you could always meet us in Montana.

20 comments:

  1. Have a most wonderful time at the wedding! I hope everything goes smoothly and they get married without a hitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did not know that pacemaker airport thing could be a problem. I suspect they will be careful...enjoy, should be a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm flying out west this weekend as well, so I'll be absent from blogging for a week. Have a safe trip and wishing the newlyweds many blessings on their special day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. All best wishes to the new couple...safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes to the Bride and Groom. I love weddings, everyone is always so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son looks like you. Have a wonderful time at the wedding and without the lighter stash in Cindy's purse you should make it through the airport just fine. Can you imagine telling them they can't scan you just after they found Cindy's lighters. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your sons wedding and enjoy not being online. I so agree with unplugging for such an important weekend.

    We will want a rundown on your airport experiences. Just saying. I'm sure there will be something that we can smile about.

    Have a fabulous trip to and from Montana. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could meet you in Montana--Big Sky Country!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Wonderful. Cant wait to hear all about it. I sure you will find some funny exciting story to tell.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute couple. Wish them all the best. Can't wait to hear all the details. Also interested to learn how your bionic parts make it thorough security since I am also packing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes to them


    Every-time I think of engagement, I remember when I got engaged, the day after a guy at work says to me "you still have time to back out"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your flight and the wedding go smoothly. Can't wait to hear about the trip when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great time and don't forget to make notes of things to tell us. Best wishes to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have good time, and best wishes to the happy couple! Hope all goes well for your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your son and his bride. They make a lovely couple. Happy traveling:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to the happy couple, and safe travels to you and Cindy. Hope you take lots of pictures and share some with us.

    Montana sounds like a great place for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My congratulations to the newly weds.
    Have a wonderful trip, safe travels.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Randy and Dawn!

    Be safe on your travels, the TSA can be irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you everyone for the well wishes and words of wisdom, I appreciate you all. We got home this afternoon, the trip was good and the wedding was really good.

    I will catch you up on our trip but for today I'm going to post one I hinted at in an earlier post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.