Monday, July 24, 2017

Twenty years later

Wedding party standing inside of church on July 24th 1997
Our Wedding party on this day in 1997
Twenty years ago they walked down the aisle. The crowd in the church was very small mostly good friends, and a few acquaintances who showed up just to see if they were seriously going to go through with it. They had been friends for a decade, but for some reason everyone who was spreading rumors thought they had just met.

Cindy and Jimmy holding wedding cake during reception surrounded by children
Cindy and Jimmy holding wedding cake at reception
They said their vows and pledged "Till death do us part." Some in the back of the room snickering said to each other "I bet they don't last six months." Regardless of this it was an extremely happy day for the newlyweds, the ceremony was fun and the vows were sincere.

Cindy sliding down a banister in Santa Fe, NM at Cross of the Martyrs
Cindy sliding down a banister on our honeymoon
They had a short honeymoon trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico, only for the weekend because he had to be back to work on Monday, and she had children who depended on her for day care. They saw the Loretto Chapel, they ate Prime Rib, and climbed to The Cross of the Martyrs where she slid back down the banisters, showing him a side of her that he would always love.

Family picture showing Jimmy, Cindy, and five children
Our newly blended family in 1997
Life goes on and now a newly married couple were beginning their lives together on this very day twenty years ago, a marriage some claimed was only destined to last six months, but you know how rumors are in a small town. I have never been one to believe in rumors though. When you love your family and have a happy life with the girl of your dreams, nothing can tear you apart, rumors come and rumors go, but when actual happiness comes your way, you had better recognize it and grab on, I am here to tell you that I am happy.

Picture showing Jimmy and Cindy embracing each other in 1997
Jimmy and Cindy shortly after being married in 1997
Twenty years ago today Cindy and I were married, my oldest son was the best man and Cindy's daughter was her maid of honor, Cindy's oldest son Randy was even the one to give his Mom away. Our wedding was small and needless to say we involved all of our children.

Cindy and Jimmy posing for picture on June 14 2017
Cindy and Jimmy June 14 2017
Twenty years later we are now 240 months into this marriage and I am very happy where I am and who I am with, we have passed our fail date by 234 months and counting, I hope the naysayers can finally admit they were wrong.

Jimmy kissing Cindy on the cheek
Jimmy kissing Cindy even after 20 years
Twenty years later I say "Happy Anniversary Cindy, I Love You"

46 comments:

  1. Wow! Happy Anniversary. You both look extremely happy, it's a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello River, Thank you so much my friend.

      Delete
  2. I always love to hear about Happily Ever After stories, and Happy Anniversary to such a lovely couple! That cakes looks pretty amazing by the way. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey RO, Thank you, a funny thing about the cake is during the part where the couple feeds one another a bite, Cindy shoved her piece into my face which started a small cake fight, in about thirty seconds my entire beard was blue so that tells you who got the worst end of that little cake battle, actually it was a lot of fun even though I was pulling cake out of my beard.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary. You both look so happy in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delores, Thank you Mam, We enjoyed looking back on these ourselves.

      Delete
  4. How wonderful to see all those pictures! Keep having fun together! Happy Anniversary and thanks for a peek into such a special day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bijoux, it's a pleasure to have you here to see our pictures, and to have been with us for the number of years you have so far, Thank you my friend.

      Delete
  5. Cindy and Jimmy, happy anniversary to you both! I could tell by the way Jimmy writes about your life that you two are a great match. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean, Thank you Lady we appreciate you, I feel we are a great match, Not always fun and games but always more ups than downs, the hard times seem to make us closer so with that said I feel our lives together has been a success.

      I'm proud to have you join in with us.

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary.. I Hope Your Family Always Happy... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the good wishes, I do appreciate it.

      Delete
  7. A real life love story that gave me great pleasure to read. Well done, you two, and God bless you always. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, I am truly honored by your kind words my dear friend, we appreciate them more than you know, God bless you also Valerie.

      Delete
  8. Awww, what a lovely post. I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you,♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary Dear Jimmy and Cindy, ♪♪
    ♪♪Happy Anniversary to you.♪♪

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandee, you sing so well Thank you, and I appreciate you for linking us up to your Awww Mondays.

      A great week to you my friend.

      Delete
  9. Happy Anniversary, it's crazy to think 1997 was twenty years ago. It always seems like the 90s was a decade ago when it's not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adam, yes sir 1997 was twenty years ago believe it or not it doesn't seem like it though.

      Thank you for the Happy Anniversary wishes.

      Delete
  10. I think this one is going to work out...congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, I think you are right my friend, I appreciate it.

      Delete
  11. Happy anniversary, you crazy kids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fran, Thank you Lady from one crazy kid to another.

      Delete
  12. Happy Anniversary. Twenty years with no hint of stopping. Congrats and many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patti, starting on our second twenty now and looking forward to making that one too, Thank you Mam.

      Delete
  13. A very happy anniversary to you both. With many more to come. Love those smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello EC, Thank you so much, I'm happy to see you.

      Delete
  14. Happy Anniversary to you. Most of the people who said Mrs. Chatterbox and I wouldn't make it are dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen, it's always good to make it longer than the naysayers themselves, you and Mrs. Chatterbox are blessed.

      Delete
  15. This is just the sweetest thing, a genuine brightener to my day!

    Happy Anniversary, Jimmy and Cindy! And many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Abby, It's an honor to be a bright spot in your day, I am glad you stopped by. Thank you for the Happy Anniversary wishes my friend.

      Delete
  16. How sweet! Happy Anniversary!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I appreciate you so much.

      Delete
  17. Happy Anniversary! You two crazy kids might just make it work! Maybe you can work in a weekend for a second honeymoon in Santa Fe, and Cindy can try a skateboard down that rail this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Val, Another trip to Santa Fe would be great, maybe one day we can do just that, if she is going to try that rail on a skateboard I think I will invest in some bubble wrap because the typical knee pads and such just won't be enough :)

      Delete
  18. Happy anniversary Jimmy and Cindy! Wishing you lots more! Isn't it amazing how fast the time goes? Bet it seemed just like yesterday that you two got married!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Betty, Thank you so much, we were talking about that just yesterday, it doesn't seem like it's been twenty years and you are right it feels like it was closer to yesterday than that long ago.

      Delete
  19. Happy Anniversary! Here's to you guys having many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir, I do appreciate the well wishes.

      Delete
  20. Well Jimmy, this was such a sweet post, I feel a little glassy eyed. Really touched me. Beautiful photos then and now!!! Happy Anniversary to you Lovebirds. It is a beautiful story and I am so glad you and Cindy found each other. Here's to many, many, many more years of happiness. (We had a similar reaction by some when we got married and we are 41 years and counting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise, Thank you my friend, I am impressed with forty one years and counting for you and Gregg that is definitely a marriage made in heaven.

      Delete
  21. This is amazing!!! Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary! What a special and remarkable milestone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, I appreciate it so much, you and Kyle are about halfway there aren't you? I can see you two hitting this same milestone and many more beyond.

      Good to see you Lady :)

      Delete
  22. What a great story. My wife and I have been married since May of 1974.
    r

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rick, Thank you sir, I love hearing of marriages that have lasted like Jilda and yours, you are an inspiration for many.

      Delete
  23. Happy anniversary! I love that you posted pictures from "then" and "now."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mam, it wouldn't have been right to do otherwise, I love looking back on our pictures.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.