Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Down it came

It was fifty nine degrees early this morning and Cindy decided that today is the day to take the pool down for the season, I had just shocked it and added chlorine so needless to say the water was looking really good, crystal clear if I say so myself.

12 ft round above ground pool sitting in front of a small leaning tree.
I said to Cindy that I wanted to get in the pool at least one more time, but there was a slight leak coming out from underneath and to patch it the best thing to do would be to drain the little pool, but it wasn't like the major leak the other one had, I just know that we can swim once more I said.

Look at the temperature Jimmy, Cindy said to me, it won't be that hard and we will be better off taking it down now before it gets colder. Yes but it's not winter yet! I contested. No it's not but it is almost October, she replied. I want to use it one more time, I demanded.

I should know better than to demand anything by now, we have been married over twenty years for goodness sake. So you all know exactly what happened, yes down it came.

The rest of the day I drained the pool and draped it over the poly carts to dry, the tarp that I had the pool sitting on was stretched out on the driveway and hosed off, but before I could do that I had to do something with the dirt that the pool water had washed down the driveway right where I wanted to place the tarp.

Needless to say this little "let's just take the pool down" job started before breakfast and lasted until after supper.

Our little mini poolio is now boxed up and stored away for winter, and after all of the draining, stretching, folding, packing, sweeping, and shoveling dirt, I notice that as the sweat runs down my back that it's really hot out here.

Jimmy floating in above ground pool wearing a straw cowboy hat
I'm thinking this.

Bare spot where above ground pool was sitting before removal, small leaning tree in background
But I'm seeing this.

I say to Cindy, It sure would be nice if we were floating in that pool right now.

She says, Let it go Jimmy, just let it go...

40 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    I hope you can let it go.
    And isn't it amazing (and awful) how those 'small' jobs can last all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello EC, The small jobs are never small it seems, I was still cleaning up the mess I made draining the pool today haha.

      Delete
  2. That's the way things go sometimes. Sigh ...
    Yes, those 'little' jobs are often more than we figure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sharon, I agree with you it seems any job is always bigger than it appears at first.

      Delete
  3. Cindy's got you wrapped around her little finger...in a good way. LOL But it's still September! boohoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you hit the nail on the head Jean, but it was awful warm today lol.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes I know she is Stephen but we gotta go down swinging...Right?

      Delete
  5. That's sad. Sooooo sad. We are now in the final days of September and we are finally gettig some summer weather. Where's the justice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Delores, This weather has been so strange everywhere, laying all jokes aside it has been a little cooler here but really nice, these temperatures sure beat the triple digits we were having.

      Delete
  6. I was hoping that you at least dove in and swam underwater one full lap around your little poolio. I guess marital harmony is more important that one last dip. It will last all winter, you know, while a final swim would last only seconds.

    We're about to set a record here today. It was 95 when I came home from my 44 oz Diet Coke run. Hick was wishing that he hadn't closed our Poolio already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Val, Holding out for that one last swim of the season simply wouldn't be worth it.

      At 95 was Hick out there considering pulling the cover off of poolio?

      Delete
  7. I won't let my husband take the window air conditioners out until after Thanksgiving (Canadian Thanksgiving, that is, which is 2nd Monday in October). So does that make me a Cindy or a Jimmy? :)

    Good job recognizing who's boss, Jimmy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jenny, I have a feeling you and Cindy are on the same side when it comes down to it ;)

      Cindy is in charge of when the pool comes down and you in charge of when the air conditioners come out of the windows, I think your husband and I both know who is boss ;)

      Delete
  8. If you have another leak, they make flex tape now that apparently works well with water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Adam, I have seen those flex tape commercials and wonder how well it really works, it sounds good though.

      Delete
  9. May I add one more LET IT GO?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fran, Yes you may add one more, I suppose that I had better listen.

      Delete
  10. You will blink and it will be next year's swim season! Mark my words!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, You are so right about that, it will be summer again before we know it.

      Delete
  11. 59F is only 15C for us downunder, most of us would be pulling on jackets or jumpers (sweaters). Just have yourself a nice, sweat-removing shower and dream of next summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello River, At this rate we will definitely be pulling out the long sleeves before long.

      A nice sweat removing shower is exactly what the Doctor ordered as they say.

      Delete
  12. That sure took a long time, Jimmy, and I know you worked up a sweat. A cold shower does sound inviting, but I just wish it would stay 5 degrees instead of creeping back up to the 80's and 90's. I do look forward to seeing that pic of you in the pool this time next year. (lol) Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey RO, 70's and 80's aren't too bad but anything hotter simply gets miserable, especially when you have the humidity thrown like you do.

      Yes I am sure we will be sharing a few pictures once summer begins again.

      Delete
  13. A good job, well done... I think! I guess it's easier to install them than take them down. I wondered what happened when winter approached and now I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Valerie, For winter these smaller pools can either be taken down or simply covered and then cleaned at the beginning of the next season, ours was easier to take down in my opinion.

      Delete
  14. Let it go Jimmy, let it go. Love this.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandee, I am getting closer to letting it go ha ha.

      A great day to you also.

      Delete
  15. I'm actually surprised you don't keep it up year round out in sunny CA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bijoux, We probably could leave it up all year but Cindy is probably afraid that I'd attempt a Christmas post from the pool. ;)

      Delete
  16. Anytime I think "this will be easy", I may as well pack a lunch. Sorry you didn't get in your last dip but at least you are ready to go for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patti, The statement "this will be easy" should be a direct clue that it's not going to be.

      Everything was cleaned and packed away so we will be good to go when the time comes.

      Delete
  17. I feel for you Jimmy. I got out all my fall clothes when temperatures hit the 60's last week. This week has been in the 90's again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Annie, It was 51 when I went out to feed this morning, isn't it strange how much the temperature can vary in such a short period of time.

      Delete
  18. 59º? Oh, that sounds blissful. (It'll be 90º here tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are calling for the 90's here next week too...but I'm not saying anything lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.