Wednesday, September 27, 2017

WFW - The Fairer Sex

This weeks Words for Wednesday is hosted by Grannie Annie over at Fools Rush In. Like always the purpose of the words is to encourage us to write, a story, poem, or whatever comes to mind.

If you join in please stop by Grannie Annies blog Fools Rush In and let everyone know where your post is so that everyone can enjoy it.

Here are the words for today:

arbitrary, diminution, plausible, immense, temporize, pandemonium

garble, élan, perfunctory, bifurcate, vermicular, toothsome

The Fairer Sex

The brother in law and his new companion were a toothsome couple by sight, but in private their personalities tended to bifurcate the moment they began a conversation. His immense training as a law enforcement officer gave him command of the room when he began to speak, and his perfunctory smile melted all of the women making them hang on his every word, this was a plausible explanation he always gave himself for his luck with the fairer sex, and his grace and style with speaking commanded everyone else’s attention, you could say public speaking was his élan.

She however would temporize herself to his conversations in public, and follow along as best she could, all of his big words and fancy speeches got old to her rather quickly, his voice once mesmerized her but now all of the garble seemed to lead simply to the diminution of her fascination in him.

Their arbitrary hook up turned out to be not just a chance meeting, she thought it was fate, she actually thought it to be the finding of her soul mate, but for him it was simply that she was the first woman he saw when he entered the bar. His vermicular movement through the crowd gained her attention, and when he spoke she knew that this would be for life.

After the pandemonium of her life with him for the last six weeks, she had finally began “Fattening the Hog” so to say, she now had him staying at home and gorging himself on food, liquor, and anything else she could slip into his meals or drink.

The looks and whispers from his family followed by his outburst at his mothers table said that her plan was working, it was just a matter of time now, if he wanted to treat her like a whore, then she was going to treat him like a John and take everything he had, plus leave him completely undesirable to any other woman.

34 comments:

  1. Never under estimate a lady with a plan. LOL Another good writing exercise, Jimmy. I continue to be amazed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean, Annie gave us a run for our money as they say with the words this month, I was happy to learn a few new ones and actually use them too, she did good.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Didn't see that one coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Val, I like a little twist at the end.

      Delete
  3. I heard a Klingon proverb once about marriage being a battle between man and wife that only ends when one of them dies. I forgot which series that came from, DS9 I think, but I think your story proves that point. Well done!

    Yes, I'm a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir, it appears you are more familiar with the Klingon proverbs than I, and I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  4. A truly vicious woman and a man with no self discipline is never going to end well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello EC, I could see last week that this relationship would not end well.

      Nice job with your weaving of the words, you did it nicely.

      Delete
  5. It's kind of a shame they can't just part ways and be happy. Not in their natures I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello River, It is a shame in real life too, our human natures do clash with others at times.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed the tale, Jimmy, once I got over the shock of the selected words. I could not have compiled a story containing those words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie, I stumbled with this selection at first, but after a study period it all came together.

      Delete
  7. I straight wordplay challenges but you did good with yours.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toothsome is a funny word that you rarely come across. Nice job incorporating some difficult vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bijoux, That was one I had to really think about, It just kind of fell into place though.


      Thank you Lady.

      Delete
  9. Very well done, but you're very good at these. Poor guy, well poor to the both of them. they each have their crosses to bear.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandee, I appreciate you my friend.

      Delete
  10. Read this on Granny Annie's WFW post. The fact that you know how women think is somewhat unsettling lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delores, The fact that you actually believe that I know how women think is unsettling, just ask my wife nothing is further from the truth lol

      Delete
  11. I guess they deserve eachother so I won't feel sorry for either. Well done with some interesting words. At least I didn't have to look these up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patti, I spent a good bit of time looking up some of these words before I started, I kid you not ;) Thank you my friend.

      Delete
  12. Well done! I applaud anyone who can use these words in less than a novel-length piece of writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I appreciate your kind comments, I am honored.

      Delete
  13. Hmmm, I reckon this specimen of the fairer sex was acting fairly, as far as she was concerned, but it would've been easier to kick his posterior to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Susan, but where is the fun in that, besides I needed more than that to get all the words in ha ha.

      Delete
  14. Very creative use of those words. They all fit in though!
    I'd say the guy had it coming for past transgressions against previous ladies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, this was another list of words that gave us a run for our money.

      Delete
  15. That was a great use of words, and now I am going to have to look some of them up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise, I seriously had to look up a lot of them before I could begin.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.