Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Busy B

We have a visitor coming to see us today, he will only be here for a few days but those few days are going to be fully involved.

It's been two years since we have see our grandson Benjamin, and for four short days we are going to be really busy with B, I know for sure that we are taking him to Legoland. Especially since while he was talking to Cindy on the phone he said in a sing song voice "Mimi, can we go to Legoland?" You probably have already guessed her answer, and yes she now has Legoland tickets in her possession.

My wife Cindy and our grandson Benjamin posing for the camera cheek to cheek.
Cindy posing with Benjamin on his last visit
You know how this works, Papa is usually doomed to either buying something or going somewhere he wouldn't have otherwise when the grandbaby starts a sentence with "Mimi can I..., or Mimi I wish that..." those are kind of like magic words for B when it comes to Cindy.

I was reminded of this fact just yesterday when we had to run over to Geoffery the Giant Giraffe, you know the one that sells toys, we were looking for a Lego minifigure. These minifigures come inside a package that you can't see inside, and whats inside is a mystery until you open the package. It seems that if B has some of these he can trade them at Legoland for more...

Heck I don't know, all I do know is that for three or four bucks a pop, we ended up with fourteen random packages that I can't see what's inside, they supposedly contain some Lego figure that I have no idea what it looks like. Cindy assures me that because of these packages that I will be the "Best Papa Ever", but I did hear her on the phone with him saying "Just wait until you get here and see what Mimi got for you"

That's OK though, While we were walking back to the car I did smile as she thumbed through all of the random packages looking at the labels that told her no more than they told me, I just hope we got the right ones. As I loaded the big bag into the back of the car, that contains the gaming system that B really wants for Christmas, I realized that I had just been caught up once again between "Mimi I really want..." and "Hey Jimmy look what I found for Benjamin", Oh well they are only little once.

Our daughter Melissa is coming over to stay with Cindy's Dad on the day we go down to Legoland. This is a big help for us and it allows us to give our full attention to B. His Mom and Dad are coming along for the ride and we are going to be glad to see them too, but you know how it is once you have kids you lose your name, so with that said our son is no longer known as Tim, he is now known as Benjamin's Dad.

Tim will get some attention from mom but nothing like he used to get when he was the baby of the family, now that he is Benjamin's Dad he has been slid onto the back burner as they say, because the majority of Mimi's attention now belongs to B.

I am sure a lot of pictures will be taken the next few days and I will share some of those with you next week, but for the rest of this week I am going to be slow answering comments and visiting your blogs, but have no fear I'll be back in full force after Monday with some new and exciting tales of the adventures of our short visit with B.

I don't know I may need a nap first.

42 comments:

  1. You are in for a wonderful time....you'll be exhausted after of course but it's worth it. Looking forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the little ones can get whatever they want from me. They can do the same with grandpa. He's as big of a pushover as I am. You'll have a great time.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandee, I am just as guilty myself but have to make it look like I am being harder to get one over on, the grandson knows better though ha ha.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have never been there Adam but like you I think it will be a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great adventure is about to start, and can't wait to see pics and hear more about it, Jimmy! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey RO, I think you are right, the adventure is just beginning.

      Good to see you my friend.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun with your grandson.

    I saw a news story yesterday that one of the hot Christmas gifts this year will be a round ball that you peel open and no one knows what figure is inside until it's opened. So you're buying and giving an unknown. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jean, The unknown gift is crazy, it was really fun watching Benjamin open his minifigures today, the very first one was one that he was looking for so it was a really good day.

      I haven't seen the round ball you were talking about yet but I bet it will be really popular.

      Delete
  6. You've nailed the whole grandchild experience!! Have lots of fun together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I think we will have a ball.

      Delete
  7. Lol, yes, I'm realizing that when daughter comes over, we all run for the baby and ignore her! We just can't stop ourselves!

    Have a great time with Mr.B!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bijoux, Isn't it funny how that works, meeting at the airport today was all about Mr. B, we finally noticed Tim and Elisa ha ha.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you are going to have a fun time, and exhausting. I look forward to seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Joey, It will be a lot of fun no matter what we do, I will be happy to share some photos next week...after my nap ha ha.

      Delete
  9. Enjoy your precious moments. Your right, they are only little once. I hope one day I will have grand babies. I am old enough.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, they grow up so fast, seems like only yesterday that he was born.

      Delete
  10. Have a wonderful time - and I know you will. And yes, I believe a nap will be welcome...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello EC, Thank you my friend, I see a good time coming and a nap kind of goes without saying ;-)

      Delete
  11. Have fun in LegoLand & good luck with the minifigures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fran, We have never been to Legoland and I think we are looking forward to it as much as Benjamin is. The minifigures have been a hit so far.

      Delete
  12. You'd better grab that nap now while you can! You know why grandchildren have so much energy, don't you? Because they suck it all out of their grandparents!

    And... ain't it grand? Have a wonderful time with him. They grow up waaaaaay too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan, I think you are 100% right about the grandchildren sucking away your energy lol, they do grow up fast.

      Delete
  13. Wow, does he ever look like his grandmother. Don't worry grandpa, when he gets old enough to fish and play ball, you will rise to the top. Have a blast with him and take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patti, He definitely does look like Cindy, that picture does show it, I was hoping to take him fishing this trip but don't think we are going to have time with all the other plans.

      Delete
  14. Be sure to get some pictures of B at Legoland! And admit it, you will probably have as good a time there as he does.

    I know all about the back burner. I learned about it on my birthday, at the party my mom hosted for me, when my sister brought her toddler (first grand-baby). I don't think my name was even spoken. I remember sitting in the dining room alone, slicing my cake, while the rest of the family scurried around the kitchen, grabbing whatever Grand Baby asked for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Val, We will definitely get some pictures at Legoland, and I think you are right we will have just as much fun as Benjamin will.

      A toddler can sure take command of everyone's attention, like at your birthday party suddenly changing from a celebration for you to everyone being at the beck and call of the grandbaby. This happens in every family.

      Delete
  15. Have a lot of fun! Haven't been to Legoland in years, but so much fun when we did it! You can nap after B goes back home!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Betty, this trip to Legoland will be a first for us, and we are looking forward to it, I have a feeling more than one nap is going to be required after all is said and done.

      Delete
  16. You're going to have so much fun! I'd like to see Legoland, but the one in Denmark, the original one. You're going to need more than a nap once Benjamin has gone home again, you'll need a full day's sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello River, I just imagine the original Legoland in Denmark would be a great one to see, we are about 85 miles from the one here in California which will make for a long day. I think you are right once Benjamin goes home a long nap may turn into a full day's sleep.

      Delete
  17. Enjoy the visit and treasure the memories you make. They don't stay little long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sharon, We are having a good time, like you said we have to enjoy the memories made because it just seems like yesterday that Tim was a kid.

      Delete
  18. Isn't that always the way? This is a sweet and funny post and I love the photo of Cindy with Benjamin. Wishing you both a wonderful time with your grandson, and Benjamin's Mom and Dad, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Denise, We are definitely enjoying our time with Benjamin, there have been many photo ops with him so far, and a lot of laughs, and yes we have talked with his mom and dad...some. ha ha.

      Delete
  19. No wonder Benjamin gets so much lovin' attention. Look how adorable he is! Enjoy! And Hi to Benjamin's dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Abby, He is sure getting the attention now, and we are loving it as much as he is. He is a good looking kid isn't he ;-)

      I'll say Hi to Benjamin's dad for you.

      Delete
  20. LEGOLAND is the BEST. My grandson went there for his fourth birthday last winter and they were over the moon. Love that you get to spend some special time with B. Be safe and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, We have never been to Legoland and are really looking forward to it, I'm happy to hear your grandson had such a good time there, this gives me a good feeling about going.

      Delete
  21. I love Legoland - it's a lot more fun than the Disney Parks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Legoland is definitely geared more towards younger children, which was perfect for us...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.