Tuesday, January 9, 2018

WFW - Complete Happiness

This months Words for Wednesday prompts are being hosted by Cindi over at Letting the Words Escape, this weeks prompts are:

king, avalanche, canyon, pianist, Wyatt, marriage
and/or
supreme, packers, pie, jazz, crash, farewell

Complete Happiness

The words hit him in the face like an AVALANCHE overtaking his thoughts, this was surely a joke and not a good one at that, but the CRASH came once again "I don't want to cook tonight, I want to go to McDonald's, and I don't want to be married anymore."

WYATT still couldn't comprehend how going out to a restaurant he completely hated, and saying FAREWELL to a fifteen year MARRIAGE that he thought was good compared, but this is where he was. KING of the castle one minute and being banished to a place far far away the next.

Man walking down the road in the middle of nowhere completely alone.
Photo by Tegan Mierle on Unsplash
Some JAZZ PIANIST like Herbie Hancock was banging out a tune from an unknown source inside the restaurant, when with a SUPREME attitude she looked him in the eyes and said, "All I really want is everything that I have right now, just without you."

He stared at the apple PIE his youngest son was munching on, and felt a crushing pain in his chest as a tear ran down the child's face. Just who in the world plays Jazz music at Mickey Dees? And why would you deliver this kind of news in front of the children...Selfish!

Would be PACKERS tossed a few of his possessions onto the lawn, and he moved out "for the sake of the children", all because she was infatuated with a shade tree mechanic from the other side of the CANYON. She got everything that she wanted back then, she kept everything and completely erased him from the picture, with the wave of her hand.

Twenty-five years later Wyatt is happily married to his best friend and has a really good life. The woman he is with now is the one he should have married in the first place; with his current marriage he wouldn't change a thing. I suppose that unbearable pain is necessary at times, if only to make you really appreciate complete happiness.

At this point in my life, I am completely happy.

36 comments:

  1. I felt the pain - good story, Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta ask...are you Wyatt in the story or is this fiction? Either way, you continue to impress me with these word challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jean this actually happened to me, I knew you would see right through this one. I am really happy to have you reading my stories, Thank you.

      Delete
  3. A great use of the words - and I am happy that my suspicions were correct and it is firmly based on truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC, I like writing fiction occasionally, but true stories like this one are much easier for me to write.

      Delete
  4. Great use of the words, Jimmy. I'm glad that you ended up in the right place after that hard detour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I suppose that we all have taken a hard detour in different instances, as for mine I would have never found Cindy had I not taken the road I was on, pain does lead us to happiness at times.

      Delete
  5. For some people, it's like a treadmill, it will never end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Adam, some people are stuck right there and cannot figure a way out.

      Delete
  6. Aww...so sad that one has to go through such a rough spot to get to a good place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Val, I think every one of us should get to the good place first, I know the rough spots are supposed to help build us and to be a lesson, but I wouldn't recommend it.

      Delete
  7. Pain is the what I felt on reading this, until the end. It reminded me of my painful first marriage. Crikey, Jimmy, you sure know how to tell a tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Valerie, A lot of us have gone through a painful marriage and I know a lot who suffered a lot worse than me, I love it when someone finally finds the happiness of a loving spouse like you did with Joe.

      Delete
  8. A sad story and well told too. How awful of her to use him to build a nice life for herself then boot him out like that. Is it mean of me to hope her shade tree mechanic eventually let her down?
    I'm glad for the happy ending he got though. That wouldn't have happened if he'd stayed so I'd say the pain of her betrayal was a necessary step in his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shade tree mechanic didn't last very long after the divorce, I don't know the exact circumstances but at least he wasn't around the kids any longer.

      You are right the happy ending that resulted would have never happened without the circumstances that landed me right where I was at the time.

      Delete
  9. I believe that every circumstance in our lives leads to something else, and ultimately shapes us. That doesn't mean it hurts any less, particularly when we're mistreated by people we love. I always like to believe that happiness does eventually come to bring much needed smiles. As always, a well-written and thought provoking story. Happy Wednesday! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you RO, everything that we go through does shape and guide us onto better things, we learn from our mistakes and heartaches, and ultimately find well deserved happiness. And a Happy Wednesday to you my friend.

      Delete
  10. I feel dumb, but is shade tree mechanic a euphemism?

    I'm glad everything worked out so well for you, Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bijoux, usually shade tree mechanic is a term used for someone who works on their own vehicles in their own yard. I described this guy as such because he was a mechanic but had no job at all, he gained extra money by doing repairs for others when he was completely broke...or when he didn't have a girlfriend with a job.

      Thank you Bijoux, Wyatt is a happy man now.

      Delete
  11. May we all find Wyatts/your happiness Jimmy. I love a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Delores, I also wish happiness for everyone, even those who wronged us in the past.

      Delete
  12. You wrote about me and hubby. Same kind of beginning, but we saved the best for last.

    Have a fabulous day, Jimmy. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandee, I really liked what you said "we saved the best for last." This sums it up perfectly, Thank you.

      A great day to both you and hubby too.

      Delete
  13. Sad but good story that ends well. Like the saying goes. “What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger”.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are happy now!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job. I suck at doing these word challenges. I've tried a few times and I wind up tapping keys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick, I have faith that you can pull it off as well as I, I scratched my head for a while before I jumped in.

      Delete
  16. Interesting personal story, Jimmy - I'm relieved by the happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pain defines the relief i believe jimmy and like all of us you experienced it .
    you are lucky that you found your soulmate soon and found complete joy and serenity of life .
    i am so happy for you ,may you be blessed with more peace in life ,amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely Baili, thank you for your blessings.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.