Saturday, December 20, 2014

Grabbing A Slice

Cindy’s Dad took us out for lunch today at the Pizza Chalet, they serve a fantastic buffet that includes a whole lot more than just pizza, they are known for their chicken wings which in my opinion are better than most anywhere else around, and against my better judgment I always have to grab a slice or two of dessert pizza, the M&M’s pizza is to die for and just may be the end of me one day.

While enjoying our lunch a lady asked if we were using the table that was adjoining ours, there were only three of us, Cindy and her dad sitting on one side and me sitting across from them, two tables butted together was a little much so needless to say they were welcomed to the table, a young woman and man in their twenties with a three year old daughter that was cute as a button sat down.

Mom and daughter went up to the buffet while the dad sat and kept an eye on their son who was playing one of the video games, when mom and daughter returned the dad got up to go and gather his food, the little girl turned around to watch her dad walk away, he was barely up to the buffet when the little girl began climbing down from her chair, mom said “just wait a minute, Daddy will be right back” the little girl grinned at her mom and ran to her dad.

She looked our way embarrassed and said, she is a Daddy’s Girl, and he can’t get out of her sight, Cindy and she were at the start of a conversation about kids when her Dad said “Yep I had a little girl just like that” the woman smiled and asked if she ever grew out of it, he replied with a simple “Nope” while he was pointing at Cindy, who was grabbing a slice of pizza from his plate.
It could have been “Take your Daughter to Pizza Chalet Day”, maybe not but it was really close at two neighboring tables anyway.

20 comments:

  1. That sounds about right, even though I never had a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephen, Daughters are a bit more difficult than sons in my opinion, the old wrap you around their little finger routine :)

      Delete
  2. I was a Daddy's girl when I was little, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ms. A being a Daddys girl is a good thing, I bet your Dad was proud to have you under his wing.

      Delete
  3. How sweet. Always a special relationship between a dad and his daughter.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty, I agree it is a special relationship indeed.

      Delete
  4. Me too! My Dad was my best friend, mentor, companion, and chastiser. Unfortunately he had to work away a lot and I missed him like mad. That's probably why I used to play up and get into trouble with Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, I see the same type of relationship between Cindy and her dad also as far as best friend, mentor, companion, and chastiser, we have only been back in the same state as her parents the last six years and they sure have become close once again.

      Missing your dad while he was away was most likely the reason for you getting yourself into trouble with your Mom, I can see that.

      Delete
  5. That is a very sweet story! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Bijoux, and a Merry Christmas to you my friend.

      Delete
  6. Aw, super sweet! Makes me think of my daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby, glad that it helped make you think of your dad :)

      Delete
  7. I sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have a daughter (I have three boys). But I have three granddaughters now, so the equilibrium has been restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still say that boys are easier to raise than girls, but wouldn't take for the daughter we have, yes I can see the balance of power shifting with the addition of three granddaughters for you.

      Delete
  8. That was a great story and I'm glad to hear that they have such a great relationship.
    We have 4 daughters and 1 son. HE, was so much easier than any one of the girls. Like you, I wouldn't trade any of them for more boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll remember this story the next time one of my girls wraps my husband around her finger. Hopefully I'll smile instead of getting frustrated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.