Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Girls, Truth or Fiction

 For this week's Truth or Fiction Challenge I'm going to change it a bit, this story is about our daughter Melissa and her best friend Shannon, like last week there are three scenarios, but this time only One is true, it's up to you to find the true one.

Our daughter Melissa has always been close to a girl named Shannon, they have been friends since elementary school and as it turns out Shannon may just as well be our daughter too.

Good friends are hard to find and best friends you can never get rid of, so let me tell you a few Melissa and Shannon stories.

In Junior high school they were both in the band, the Marshall band was always a force to be reckoned with, they took first place in the majority of their competitions, and Melissa and Shannon were always first and second chair in the clarinet section, needless to say this was a not so private competition between them.

There was always something happening, Melissa's reeds would disappear, Shannon's would be replaced with a type she couldn't use, once Shannon's mouthpiece vanished right before tryouts only to reappear in her clarinet case when she opened it to prove that she wasn't lying to the band instructor, Melissa opened her clarinet once to find it wasn't hers at all but a cheaper version that sounded more like a kazoo.

They both quickly lost their positions when the Band Director caught on to their sabotaging shenanigans, now they teamed up and the new first and second chairs were their targets, this didn't serve them well and they were forced to leave the band, this was towards the end of the school year and the end of their band careers.

The very next year was High school, Melissa got her drivers license and Shannon wasn't old enough for a few months yet, which didn't matter because they would have been together anyway.

Melissa became interested in law enforcement, serial killers, and forensic psychology, and one day while buying ice cream from the truck playing that  tune ingrained in our heads for all eternity, Melissa and Shannon noticed a bicycle inside the truck, they decided that this man must be driving all over town and kidnapping children, why else would he have a bicycle inside his truck, the girls started referring to him as "The Evil Ice Cream Man"

Unbeknownst to Cindy and I the girls started taking Timmy with them while they followed The Evil Ice Cream Man, they would go around him and plant Timmy on a corner to buy ice cream, then sit back to observe if he was going to be kidnapped, this evidently was staged all over town, you would think The Evil Ice Cream Man would have noticed that Timmy was everywhere.

Tim was never kidnapped and he being used as bait stopped as soon as Mom found out, when asked why he went along with it he said, "I know Melissa is crazy, but I was getting free ice cream"

After high school Melissa packed up and moved to California, Shannon spent a lot of time at our supper table, until she also packed up and became Melissa's roommate about a year later.

They spent a lot of time in Hollywood, the Hollywood and Highland center was their destination, shopping, entertainment, drinks and dining, the Hollywood walk of fame, these girls were living the high life and became regulars there.

They most always ended up at the same restaurant, and on one of their drinking and dining excursions Shannon recognised a friend and left the table to say hi before she and Melissa left.

While Shannon was visiting Melissa "went to the powder room" as they used to say, the waiter left the check and Shannon returned to find  Melissa gone, accustomed to Melissa taking care of the check Shannon walked outside.

Melissa returned to the table and saw that Shannons purse and jacket were missing, assuming the bill was paid she walked outside to meet Shannon, they continued their evening and went home late as usual.

The next morning Shannon thanked Melissa for supper the night before, Melissa said I thought you paid the bill, and right then and there they made a pact to never dine at this restaurant again for fear of being arrested on the spot.

Now days Melissa's clarinet case is covered in dust, they still believe the ice cream man is evil, and we don't dare mention the name of that restaurant.

Ok now which sounds truthful to you: Getting kicked out of band, The Evil Ice Cream Man, or Running out on a bill in Hollywood.

I will post the correct answer on Wednesday and add the blogs of you who comment the right answer to the True Winners section.

29 comments:

  1. Best friends ... As you know, my BF was just here. I cannot imagine Ruth and I sabotaging anything of each other's and causing problems at school. The ice cream man events - spending money was kind of dear and I can't see wasting it on ice cream for my brother at that age. The restaurant deal - I can see that happening, I think that sort of thing happens more than folks are willing to admit, accidental or incidental. So - right off the bat, I am eliminating the third choice. After careful consideration, I'm going with the ice cream man episode as never happening. I've heard that girls can be pretty goofy these days and would do something to get somebody in trouble, thinking it was funny. I may be way off. Just my guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So from your careful process of elimination I am taking it that you are saying Running out on the bill is the true one?

      Delete
  2. Band competition is the real story. Because...I have no idea, but I figure only best friends could get way with such shenanigans with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And watching these girls grow up you know we have witnessed some shenanigans.

      Delete
  3. I'm going with the band competition being the real deal. It was more on the order of practical jokes than sabotage because the real reeds, the real instrument appeared in time. And I don't think teens that age could afford to buy that much ice cream at the prices those truck charge. As for the restaurant, you wrote that Shannon was accustom to Melissa paying and I question if girls that age would not go dutch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean, my biggest problem was I could never figure out the girls, especially when they were that age.

      Delete
  4. I'll go with accidentally running out on the bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome I am happy to have you join us, I'll let everyone know for sure which one is the real one on Wednesday.

      Delete
  5. Though I can see any of these things happening, I'm going with the icecream story. I can picture two curious girls doing this.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, it looks like you are going against the grain so to say, I was wondering if anyone was going to go with this one there for a bit.

      I am glad to have you drop by, please come back Wednesday to see the correct answer.

      Delete
  6. I will guess on running out on the bill. I doubt they would waste their money on buying ice cream for Timmy. The band stuff sounds like a little too much work, plus it would hurt the band as a whole and I doubt they would go that far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inger, Good to see you, running out on the bill is looking like a popular choice :)

      Delete
  7. I'm thinking of running out on the bill also. What Inger said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, hope your weekend is going well, got your vote tallied.

      Delete
  8. It's hard to believe they got kicked out of the band. Not if they were first and second chair. Say it ain't so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Stephen, I take it you are not going for getting kicked out of band, so which would you go for?

      Delete
  9. My money is on the restaurant bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick, Good to see you, loved the tractor picture on your blog.

      Delete
  10. They all sound plausible! (having once been a teenaged girl, myself). I'm guessing they did NOT get kicked out of the band, but the sabotage was probably true. The dine-and-dash, I'll give a "not" to also. So that leaves using Timmy for bait for the evil ice cream man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Abby, since you were once a teenaged girl I would say that you know how they think.

      Delete
  11. The evil ice cream man sounds a bit odd, so I'll say that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, you wanted the one I thought was TRUE! That would be the restaurant bill. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry River, this was my fault for changing from last week, we will have to see what next week brings.

      Delete
  13. This is a hard one! I'm gong to say that the ice cream story is true, only because my friends and I loved to concoct evil stories like that! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bijoux, I do remember some of the tales the girls did come up with, probably don't want to know about the ones I didn't hear ha ha

      Delete
  14. I have no idea, Jimmy, but I'll opt for a so-called exchange of musical instruments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Valerie, your home is coming along nicely.

      Delete
  15. Whew! Another hard one. I'm going to say getting kicked out of the band didn't happen.

    Two of our girls were in band. One of them always wore a button that said "marching band is child abuse!" Everyone always got a kick out of that button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "marching band is child abuse!" I like that, I sometimes think it actually was ha ha, ou are right in that getting kicked out of band didn't happen.

      The true story is The Evil Ice Cream Man

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.