Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Elvis Incident, answered

This weeks challenge was taken from a post called Elvis Sightings , originally posted on February 28th 2010, it was part of a series of tales on a vacation trip we took in 2006 with the kids, if you would like to see the original post you can find it here Elvis Sightings

And here is the snippet that reveals this weeks answer:

"Elvis noticed her and here he comes through the dark crowded room with a spotlight following him to pull up a chair and sit right down in front of her, she is still laughing and he is leaning in close singing “Love Me Tender” I was laughing too hard to help her, he finished the song and said “Thankyouverymuch” (yes that is one word) then Elvis left the building."

As for the first answer Elvis did in fact sing to Cindy, and to this day it was still one of the funniest things I ever witnessed, he was so serious coming across the room and when he sat down in front of her, the both of them illuminated by a spotlight in an otherwise darkened room, I about died laughing when he began singing "Love Me Tender"

He finished the song looking directly into Cindys eyes, stood up and said in his best Elvis imitation "Thankyouverymuch" and for answer number three Elvis left the building.

This leaves choice number two as the false situation and our correct answer this week;

Jean at The Misadventures of Widowhood was the first to both comment and to answer correctly, she said "I can't quite picture number two being true. He would have been used to screaming and laughing women at his performances." Her reasoning on this hit the nail on the head.

S.J. Qualls over at Now You See Me was next and completely agreed with Jean, great minds think alike.

Arkansas Patti at The New Sixty even though she is taking a blogging break this week, didn't leave before she joined these ladies in picking the correct answer.

Denise in Va. at An English Girl Rambles stopped by during her amazing travels to also see through my deception and pick answer number two as false.

Valerie over at A Mixed Bag sharpened her sleuthing skills this week, she figured noise for Elvis or impersonator wouldn't be an issue, Valerie is a long time friend who has been with us through thick and thin.

A new friend River, the author of Drifting through life said she believes that any Elvis would be appreciative of any attention, I can't argue with this statement because she is 100% right.

Bijoux at Bytes from the 'Burbs is another friend who has been with me for a number of years, she also has only missed the True Winners section one week since we started this challenge, she said that even though answer number two was the obvious choice she was going to stick with it as being false, I can't argue with reasoning like this, no wonder she continues to get them right.
I don't have a Velvet Elvis to give each of our winners this week, but I have added each one to the True Winners section, stop by and visit each one and if you don't follow them yet I recommend that you consider doing so.

Congratulations everyone and Thank you to everybody who continues to play along, I guess I should have said "Thankyouverymuch"

Do you like peanut and banana sandwiches?

18 comments:

  1. Is there anyone who doesn't like peanut butter and anything sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Delores, everybody should like peanut butter and something....

      Delete
  2. Is the Pope Catholic? Yes, I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I've been know to have one for dinner. I like fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Jean, I need to try the fried peanut butter and banana sandwich, it sure sounds good.

      I can safely answer your question now.....You got it right ha ha

      Delete
  3. Well, I had one out of three chances of being right. I didn't chose the right one of the three.

    Peanut and banana sandwich? Do you mean peanut butter? No, I'll pass on either. I've never had a P&J sandwich and I'm not going to mess up my perfect track record now.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandee, one out of three is not bad, next time you just may get the right one, I have faith.

      as for the peanut butter if you have not missed it so far then I guess everything should be OK.

      Delete
  4. Yeah! I won! I do not like peanut butter sandwiches and I only like bananas when they are partially green, so the answer to your question is NO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Bijoux, you made it back into the winners section, you know last week was the only time you were not there.

      partially green bananas that is the way Cindy likes them also, I like them no matter how they look ha ha.

      Delete
  5. I've never had a peanut butter and banana sandwich and to be honest I don't think I want to try one either.

    I ran Bobby Ve's fan club for about 10 years and he always told me how amazing it was meeting Elvis in the 70's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey, I bet that was a lot of fun running the fan club, I never saw the real Elvis myself but have heard how nice a man he really was.

      Peanut butter and banana was supposed to be his favorite sandwich, but we can't all like them.

      Delete
  6. I'll be darned. I finally guessed right. I once had an opportunity to swap spit with a young Elvis but passed as my boyfriend was on crutches from a baseball accident and it didn't seem right. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patti, you did good picking the correct answer this week, if you had it to do over again would you leave the boyfriend balancing on his crutches long enough to swap a little spit with Elvis?....I think I already know the answer ;)

      Delete
  7. Oh, well. First time wasn't a charm for me. Maybe I just WISHED Cindy had been shushed, due to my career of shushing students.

    Never tried a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Don't think I'll start now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val, better luck next week, yes memories of shushing students could lead you to the wrong answer on this one, peanut and banana sandwiches are not bad, you never know it could be your new favorite.

      Delete
  8. Peanut butter and banana? No, not together. Both are flavours I prefer to savour separately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi River, isn't funny how that works, things you enjoy by themselves but not mixed together, we could most likely make a whole list of those.

      Delete
  9. Wow, I mean WOW!!! I did it. I actually got one right. Oooooh name in lights time ... I must celebrate.

    Make the most of it, Jimmy, it will probably be a long time before I get another one right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Valerie, I told you that it would happen, I always had faith your name would be in lights, and now it has come true, congratulations Lady I knew you could do it.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, jump in and tell me what you think, or just say Hi, I really appreciate your comments.